Nutrition & Lifestyle – September 2009
Delicious Recipe for Health, Comfort & Convenience
ZESTY SALSA SALMON
By using a low-sugar, pre-packed salsa, along with fresh salmon, you can put this low-calorie, protein-packed meal on the table in less than 25 minutes! Serves 2 to 3 adults.
- 1/2 lb fresh Salmon
- 16 oz container of Fresh Salsa (you pick your spice … mild, medium or HOT!)
- Fresh lemon juice (w/pulp) or Real Lemon® juice
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
ON THE SIDE
- Sliced or diced Tomato
- Sliced Cucumber
- With 1/4 cup of lemon juice ( or Real Lemon® juice), two cups of water, sea salt & black pepper to taste, wrap unfrozen salmon, loosely, with two sheets of heavy-duty foil.
- Place on wrapped salmon on grill on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the pinkness of the meat, checking meat color every 5 minutes (Slight pinkness is when you move to the next step).
- Open foil package, spoon on pre-packaged salsa, on top of the salmon.
- Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes on low heat, being careful not to overcook the meat, but instead to warm the salsa and allow it to seep into the Salmon.
- To add to the decor of the food, add sliced fresh lemon slices to the top and sides of each piece of salmon served … and or squeeze juice & pulp of fresh lemon to the top of the salmon.
- Serve with a side of tomatoes and cucumbers.