Nutrition & Lifestyle – June 2010
Sweet Potato Chips with Greek Yogurt Ginger Dip*
If you are looking for a tasty, healthy alternative to potato chips, try these sweet potato chips. These baked slices are high in fiber, potassium, iron, manganese, copper, and Vitamins A and C.
Total Time Investment:
Prep: 15 to 20 minutes
Cook: 5 to 7 minutes
Ingredients: (grocery list is a bit extensive, but worth it!)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- Sea Salt & Ground Pepper, season to taste
- ½ cup of low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of Honey
- ½ teaspoon of grated Ginger
Sweet Potato Chips ~
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a vegetable or mandolin slicer to cut potatoes into very thin slices.
- Sprinkle slices with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Make certain to check at 5 minutes for doneness, and then every minute afterwards if potato slices are not cooked after 5 minutes.
Greek Yogurt Ginger Dip ~
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, honey and ginger.
- Serve with chips.
Makes 2 servings
Total Fats: 1 g
Saturated Fats: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 60 mg
Carbs: 23 g
Fiber: 2 g
Iron: 0.5 mg
Sugars: 8 g
Protein: 7 g
*Sweet Potato Chips with Greek Yogurt Ginger Dip” recipe is from “Oxygen Magazine”, August 2010, as insert between pages 58 and 59.