Nutrition & Lifestyle – July 2009
8 Suggestions to Release Stress
If the stress of daily life is getting to you, try letting off steam with these tips from the University of British Columbia and American Council on Exercise:
- Go for a brisk walk, take an aerobics class, swimming, or take a Pilates class.
- Eat moderately, and avoid binge or stress eating.
- Take a day trip.
- Go somewhere local that you’ve heard about but haven’t been to before.
- Take up a craft hobby such as pottery, drawing, or photography.
- Read something light and funny.
- Visit a neighbor or an elderly adult.
- Call a friend.